The US Consulate Leipzig is present at the Leipzig Book Fair this year with a booth in hall 4, E301, and it supports a number of authors and performers from the US and dealing with US-related topics.
Among the featured artists are:
- American writer David Guterson (Seattle), Ed King.
- American writer Holly-Jane Rahlens (New York/Berlin), Everlasting.
- American writer Jaimy Gordon (Baltimore), Lord of Misrule.
- American writer Jeffery Deaver (Glen Ellyn, Illinois), Carte Blanche.
- American Indian singer/songwriter Mitch Walking Elk, There Will Be No Surrender.
- Iranian American writer Parochista Khakpour (Picador Guest Professor at the University of Leipzig 2011-2012).
- American poet Peter Gizzi (Holyoke, Massachusetts, USA)
- Tobias Endler (Heidelberg Center for American Studies), After 9/11: Leading Political Thinkers about the World, the U.S. and Themselves.
The full list can be found here (.pdf).
Please note that not all events take place at the fair ground. For details, see the pdf document.
I am certainly going to attend some readings between Thursday and Sunday. As I am particularly interested in US politics, I hope I can make it to the 9/11 reading.